Two Truths and a Lie

Monday, November 2, 2015

Chatting with the Wip about his day can go like this...

Me: How was your day?
Wip: Goooooood
Me: What made you happy today?
Wip: EVERYTHING!
Me: What made you sad?
Wip: NOTHING!
Me: What was your favorite class?
Wip: ALL OF THEM!

Well, you get the picture. I truly believe that the kid loves school and everything about it. I also truly believe that he will get out of talking about details with me by saying that he loves everything and everybody.

The other day I was listening to Slate's parenting podcast Mom and Dad are Fighting  and took one of the best tips ever from the episode about talking to Wip about his day. Ask him to tell you two things that are true and one thing that is a lie and then you have to guess which one is the lie. When I introduced this, I was skeptical. Not anymore...he LOVES it!  When we get in the car he will beg to play it. Some examples might be "I went into a bat cave, I had pizza for lunch, and Avery was wearing a pink shirt". I packed his lunch and he loves Avery so I thought for sure the lie was the bat cave, but then I found out that they set up a bat cave at school and Avery was wearing a purple shirt:)

Duncan tries to play too. He is terrible. But he is learning.

All of the stories you hear about your kids shutting down and not sharing with you when they get older...I think I am going to cherish two truths and a lie for as long as I can!

0 comments: