And the Oscar goes to...

Tuesday, February 24, 2015




About a month ago Wip came home singing a tune over and over "hmmmm hmmmm hmm hmm hmm". The "hmmms" slowly came into a full song "are you my mother?". The song turned into a full play and for about two weeks we learned the part each classmate would play and what song they would sing. A star was born.

I knew that this was my first (and certainly not last) sign that Wip enjoys drama when the morning of the performance when he crawled into our bed and started practicing. It was like a nervous and excited Wip that I had never seen before. 
best buds
Nothing could have prepared me for when that curtain opened and I saw my little boy. He. Was. Beaming. Click here to see the show starting and click here to see him shine in his role as a pilot. Don't you think he stole the show? Me too. He was focused, confident, and having fun. I may or may not have watched this video one hundred times. Just look at him when he points to me (towards the end). There is no denying that I was a proud mom. 
a proud mimi and granddaddy
I hope that this was the first of many productions that we will get to see Wip shine. Patrick sent me a text later that day after the performance that simply said "I can't stop smiling". Pretty much. I can't wait to see what is next!

1 comments:

cbm said...

Where are the vids? The links didn't work for me...