Chicago Marathon

Tuesday, October 21, 2014


I ran the Chicago Marathon on Sunday, October 12, 2014 in 4 hours and 39 minutes. I have been bragging about it all week. Not only was it the perfect day to run a marathon and not only did I accomplish something with three people that I love dearly (Beth, Steph, and Coop), but I truly witnessed humanity. I know it sounds cheesy, heck even to type it makes me giggle a bit. But seriously. I don't know if I will ever have an opportunity to witness so much love and support in such a massive arena. Over two million people lined the streets of Chicago to cheer the crazy people that decided to run this thing on. The crowd was amazing. Supporting every step. I can't tell you how emotional it made me to see complete strangers in my face telling me how amazing I am.  I witnessed runners who were blind, wounded veterans, running for grandma, running for cancer, running with flags, running with costume. It. Was. Amazing. I don't know that I will ever do a marathon again. My doctor told me this morning that while running that distance might be good for your head, it is NOT good for your body. Not only that, but the time commitment to running a marathon is more than I can handle in my little life right now. But nonetheless I did it. I trained. I hydrated. I ran 26. 2 miles and nobody can ever take that away from me. Seriously, if this video does not make you get out and run...I don't know what would!
Reunited and it feels so good.

These girls.

Expo Time!

Maybe a little better than the Derby Expo:)

It truly was
They love ketchup!

Having a moment


Reflecting


I heart Chicago

Perfect boat ride (with a little Heads Up!)

LaScarola might be the best Italian I have ever had (it was packed at 5pm)
Before 45,000 people headed to the start

Coop was sad to shed his Walgreens sweatshirt

Pretty perfect day

This girl...

Love the Robertsons

Beth told me to remind her we were having fun at mile 23:)


We did it!

My proof

1 comments:

Unknown said...

As always....So very proud of you!