End of Day vs Beginning of Day

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The end of my day usually look like the picture above. My ride home from work is miles of break lights and lots of stop and go. My average commute home is 45 minutes to 1 hour...and it does not really matter when I leave. Good times.

He just could not part with the shell when we got in the car.
The beginning of my day usually looks like the picture above, and I could not be more thankful. Logistically it has worked out that Patrick will take Wip to school (they both have to be at school at the crack of dawn) and will I take D to school before heading into the wonderful world of I-4 (a.k.a parking lot!).
This morning did not want to leave without his "firework". He looked up and asked me "who gave this to me?". That is when I got to tell him all about Uncle Chet. Special moment.
We have established a routine of D watching a show while I get ready for work (it cracks me up that he knows not to mention the fact that he is going to watch a show in front of Wip...it just makes for a bad start to the day). Sometimes we don't even need a show to keep him occupied (click here to see what I mean).
He dressed himself. Everything on his body was backwards...I did not change a thing.
We head out for school around 7:40am. Each morning, I have found myself scrambling for my phone because he is doing something hilarious or saying something sweet. I feel like I just have to capture it all. After looking at my Instagram feed, clearly that is the case!
He was pretty upset when we got to school and his teacher did not know he was Leo (mama of girls).

Another day, another turtle (I'm sure his teachers love me for allowing him to come in costume each day).
D always asks to listen to "Lightening McQueen" (aka Life is a Highway, by Rascal Flatts), which is totally fine by me (I used to BELT out that song in my car 100 times per day, it never gets old). Today, after hearing the song twice, I put on a little Paul Simon. The song was called "Duncan". I told D about the title and after giving it a listen he exclaimed "this song is not about me...it is about a man!" (picture this in the deep D voice). I lost it. Thank goodness for the beginning of my day.

Today he was trying to introduce his doggie to the real doggies behind him...neither the dogs or the lady really cared.

0 comments: